Monday, January 24, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - January 24th

Outside my window... cold, grey, damp.


I am thinking... through plans for some upcoming events here, including Rachel's Gotcha Day party and Abbie's birthday party.

I am thankful for... the wonderful, lifelong friends we made each time we traveled to China to adopt.


I am wearing... old jeans, bulky socks, navy turtleneck, LL Bean fishermen's sweater


I am going... to have to start making more lists so things don't fall through the cracks.


I am creating... a list of dinner ideas, since I always draw a blank when it comes time to plan my weekly menu.


I am currently reading... The Connected Child by Karyn Purvis.

I am hoping... that we all continue to stay healthy this winter. So far, so good...


I am hearing... total silence. David had a meltdown on the living room floor and cried and fussed himself to sleep!


In the kitchen... chaos. Dishwasher full of clean dishes, sink full of dirty ones, bags of groceries everywhere, waiting to be put away, remnants of the Sunday Tribune, tiny paper scraps from a school project, magnetic refrigerator letters... You get the idea!


Around the house... laundry, toys, projects piling up everywhere. I really need to stay home and get more done!


One of my favorite things... how David runs to me with a huge smile and hug when I pick him up from school.


A few plans for the rest of the week... morning visit with a friend, Tupperware party Thursday night, David's China group here on Saturday.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

(David's first taste of lobster; Maine, November 2010)

No comments: