Friday, February 02, 2007

Recipe - Quick and Easy Ham with Sweet Potatoes

I know there are a few busy moms who check in on this blog from time to time. I have been trying several new recipes lately, and when I find a good one, I'll pass it on! This ham and sweet potatoes recipe was incredibly quick and easy to make. Al devoured his portion. I have a cold right now and not much appetite, so I left at least half of mine, which Al polished off. I guess that's a sure sign that this recipe goes in the permanent file!

Quick and Easy Ham with Sweet Potatoes

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yields: 2 servings

Ingredients:
2 ham steaks
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (15 oz) can sweet potatoes, drained
1 cup miniature marshmallows

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Tear off two large sheets of aluminum foil. Place one ham slice onto each piece of foil, and sprinkle brown sugar on both sides. Spread a little bit of the crushed pineapple over the ham, then top with sweet potatoes. Sprinkle a little bit more brown sugar and pineapple over the sweet potatoes. Close the aluminum foil tightly around the ham, and place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and carefully open the packets. Sprinkle miniature marshmallows over the top, and return to the oven with the foil open. Bake for another 10 minutes. If you want the marshmallows really toasty, you could brown them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. You will end up with a sweet, juicy ham dish and very few dishes to wash.

Note: I just baked them for 30 minutes and then we ate them. I totally omitted the marshmallow part, and they were still delicious. And the cleanup was, indeed, very quick and easy (a wonderful bonus).

Let me know if you try this and how it turns out for you!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Will have to try this! My kids would love it! Amy
Are you staying warm up there!?!?

Anonymous said...

I might have to try that one, my hubby loves sweet potatoes :). And congratulations! You won first place in our drawing for a Vision Forum CD :). Could you please use the email link listed under the links heading on the right hand side of my blog to let me know where to send it? Thanks so much :) Your s are beautiful by the way :)!
Have a blessed day in HIM!!!
~Shelby (Treasurekeeper)