Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
- George Eliot
Monday, October 11, 2010
The days are flying by, Shi Shi is growing and changing daily, and there are just so many little "Shi Shi-isms" I don't want to forget...
- He's learning some of his letters: A, O, P, T, Y, and of course, D, "for Daaaaaaave!"
- He's such a compassionate little soul. If he sees someone is hurt or upset, he goes to them, gently touches their back or arm and says, "K? K?" (As in, "Are you OK?")
- Even though he can say her name properly now, he still calls Hannah "Nani".
- After seven months, he will finally sit and let me read a book with him. Up until now, he just couldn't sit still for more than a couple of seconds to focus on a book. We are now looking at board books together before bed. After each one, he holds up his little index finger and says, "One more!" - about a dozen times! And he brings me books and pleads with me, "Reeeeeeead!" like Rachel used to do when she was his age.
- Speaking of pleading, he has mastered, "Pleeeeeease, Mommy!" when he really, really wants something. Soooooo hard to resist...
Friday, October 08, 2010
Wednesday, October 06, 2010
...I read our adoption agency's e-letter to families waiting to adopt from China. The letter mentioned that they had little boys on their waiting children list. I made my first inquiry on that day. Just five months later, our Shi Shi became a member of our crazy, wonderful family.
I re-read those early emails this morning. David bounced over and gave me a big hug and kiss while I was reading. I think he was wondering why I was crying. Sometimes I look at him and I still can't believe how it all fell together so perfectly.
Coincidentally, our agency's e-letter this month shares a link to their Waiting Child program. David's picture is shown along with that information.
It's amazing what miracles can happen in a year!