Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Baby is Ten Today!

Our little Hannah turns 10 today! "That's double digits, Mom!" she keeps reminding me. As if I need reminding...


First day at home with us...


Sitting in the grass, probably for the first time in her life...


Snuggling under the afghan Nana made for her...

I love her Chinese name: Zhipan. Zhi means "will; aspiration". Pan means "looking ahead to the future". Hannah has great aspirations for her future...

- She is going to be a science/history/art/music teacher.
- She is going to have 12 children - 6 by birth and 6 by adoption. They're going to ride around in a limousine, because that's the only vehicle Hannah knows of that will hold that many people!
- She's going to build her house in the field right next to our house, so I can help her take care of all her children.
- She has most recently announced that she wants to be a missionary in China, helping Christians who are persecuted and imprisoned for their faith.



Daddy-Daughter dance...


Winter, 2008


Field Museum of Natural History...


Our beautiful, grown-up girl!

Hannah, your Daddy, sisters and I are so proud of the beautiful young lady you are becoming! We love you more than you can imagine! Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Alright, you need to know that I am having a hard time with this birthday. I started thinking in March, when Christopher turned nine, about this upcoming event in miss Hannah's life. I am having a hard time with 10. I know she is thrilled but I feel like our big guys are just getting too big!!! I want to slow things down.

I wish her a very happy birthday and her cousins send her birthday greetings as well. She is such a young lady now!!!

Blessings