Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Gotcha Day, Hannah!

Hannah, April 2000
Today, in addition to celebrating Easter, we celebrated six wonderful years with our precious first daughter, Hannah Zhipan! In some ways, it's hard to believe it's already been six years since she joined our family, and yet, we can hardly remember our lives without her. What a wonderful, beautiful, talented, intelligent, funny, creative, caring, loving child she is. And she is growing up into such a delightful young lady. Tonight, we watched the video of our trip to China to adopt her, and I had to laugh at the younger, new mom I saw. How unsure I was, how little I knew! (And how much younger I looked!) And what a remarkable adventure it's been to be Hannah's (and Rachel's and Abbie's) Mama!

Happy Gotcha Day, darling Hannah! You are such a blessing to our family!

No comments: