Monday, November 24, 2008

They've Got Art In Their Hearts!

Hannah and Rachel have been taking an after-school drawing class, and are both showing a real gift for art. Al and I are both "artistically challenged", so we're glad they have this opportunity to learn from their talented teacher.

They learned about symmetry at their first class. This is Rachel's drawing of a Native American pot...




...and Hannah's drawing...
Keeping in mind that they are in first and third grade. Pretty good!

Their second class focused on three-dimensional drawing. Here's Rachel's teepee...


...and Hannah's...

Both girls have had a work of art published in the school calendar. Hannah had a work submitted for an Illinois teachers' art show. Hannah also scored a free tee shirt and open gym pass by winning her gymnastics school's coloring contest. And her drawing will be featured on this year's first and third grade holiday concert program.
The best part is that they find so much enjoyment in the creative process. And their confidence and self esteem get a real boost, too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I'm so impressed! What a neat way to keep their artwork forever neat & crisp-post it on your blog! Brilliant. Yet another thing that I may steal from you! ;)

Kathleen said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I love the art work and my kids thought your daughghter's pictures were wonderful. You have some very talented artists at your home. How nice since real art is expensive and it is much nicer to have your children's drawings on the wall. It will save money and be way more special to look at. Blessings to you all!!!

Lisa said...

WOW! Love the art.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with the girls' artwork! They obviously have some talent. And, they're teacher must be very good as well. I'd love to find a class like yours for Annalee - but around here. She loves drawing - and I love that she loves it. Keeps her little hands and mind busy...

Karin Katherine said...

I would say you have true artists in the midst. What very talented girls you have! I just want them to know I'm 37 and I cannot dry like that at all.
; 0 )