Monday, May 23, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - May 23rd


Outside my window... Warm, sunny day after a stormy night last night. One of our plastic lawn chairs was blown out of our yard and into the farm across the street.

I am thinking... how ridiculously fast this school year has flown by! The kids only have two weeks left! But we've got some great stuff planned for the summer!

I am thankful for... all the fresh produce we can get this time of year.

I am wearing... denim capris, my Kaneland Fine Arts Festival tee shirt, Lands' End flip flops, sporting bright pink toenail polish ("Berry Boucle").

I am going... to learn how to make more foods from scratch. The kids really seem to enjoy and appreciate my efforts. This week: peanut butter!

I am creating... a knitted Swiffer mop cover!

I am currently reading... (finishing up) Romans, then on to Mark.

I am hoping... to find a kids' computer class for Hannah. It seems to be the one thing she wants to do this summer.

I am hearing... PBS Kids in the background, David talking to himself as he plays.

In the kitchen... baking Magic Cookie Bars for the Girl Scout banquet tonight. Cupboards and fridge are looking rather bare as the children have been eating me out of house and home - grocery shopping first thing tomorrow morning!

Around the house... collecting items for Village Bible Church's rummage sale.

One of my favorite things... making plans for the long, wonderful summer ahead!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Girl Scout banquet tonight, work with Rachel on her project about Sugar Grove government, Abbie's first grade fairy tale plays on Thursday, church rummage sale, Family Fun Night on Friday (swimming, dinner out), clothes shopping with Hannah, planting flowers outside my front door, Mom's Night with Hannah's group, Memorial Day picnic.

Here is a picture I'd like to share with you...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

love it! :)