Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - May 31st

Outside my window... sun is rising on a warm, sticky day. The grass is freshly cut from this weekend, and all the rain we had makes it the greenest green imaginable!


I am thinking... that I can't believe how quickly this school year flew by! (I think I say that every year.) I have really enjoyed having all four kiddos in the same school - that will change in the fall when Hannah heads for the middle school.

I am thankful for... the crazy, hectic, but very fun long weekend we had.

I am wearing... denim capris, my Ben & Jerry's tee shirt, flip flops.

I am going... to Target and Aldi this morning while David is in school. Starting next week, I'm either going to have to bring kids with me, or do my shopping in the evenings.

I am creating... a new Mommy Notebook. The old one was in a 1" binder and I had to upgrade to a 1 1/2" one!

I am currently reading...
Surprised By Joy by C. S. Lewis.

I am hoping... I can be on time for everything I need to do today!

I am hearing... early-morning silence.

In the kitchen... Amish Friendship Bread in the works, to be baked tomorrow. My friend Carrie gave me the starter.

Around the house... stacks of coupons and grocery store ads. I'm trying to tackle this couponing game - it's time consuming, but I think it will be worth it! Also, new butterflies that have emerged from their chrysalides in our little butterfly tent on the kitchen table!

One of my favorite things... those first, long, relaxing days of summer vacation.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Rachel's presentation on the government of Sugar Grove this afternoon, David's last-day-of-school Zoo Party on Thursday, IKEA with my friend Jackie on Friday, Mother/Daughter play with the girls' school on Saturday. Hoping to make it to an open house at Shriners Hospital on Sunday.
Here is a picture I'd like to share with you...
(Village Bible Church's Memorial Day picnic)

No comments: