Monday, June 06, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - June 6th




Outside my window... the rising sun is a hazy, reddish-orange ball - the beginning of a hot, sticky day. As usual, we went from "early spring" to "mid-summer" in a matter of about a week or so.

I am thinking... about what I'm going to pack for our lunch for an end-of-school-year picnic this afternoon at the park with friends.

I am thankful for... the beginning of summer vacation!

I am wearing... denim shorts, tee shirt with lady bugs on it (pictures, not actual insects!), old pink rubber flip flops.

I am going... to the Wilton tent sale this evening for my annual stock-up on baking supplies.

I am creating... yet another weekly menu plan. This never gets easier, no matter how many times I do it. Also, trying to finish my knitted Swiffer mop cover, but I'm stuck - gotta get some help.

I am currently reading... (still) Surprised By Joy by CS Lewis. It's not a fast read, but it's a good read.

I am hoping... to try making homemade cheese with the kids soon!

I am hearing... birds. Lots and lots of birds. The word "cacophony" comes to mind.

In the kitchen... my purchases from my first super-couponing trip last week. Ingredients for some homemade versions of everyday foods. A new crockpot cookbook from the library with some great recipes to try (The Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Jyl Steinback).

Around the house... just the typical Moday morning mess after a busy, fun weekend. There seem to be an awful lot of flip flops and damp beach towels lying around these days!

One of my favorite things... those first days of summer vacation. So much time, so many plans! A most welcome break from the extreme busy-ness of the last few weeks of school.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Abbie and Rachel start a ceramics class this week. Baking Amish Friendship Bread on Friday. MUST make haircut appointments for the kids! Quiet weekend with nothing planned! Picked up The Soloist on DVD from the library for Al and me to watch some evening.

I won't share a single picture here - I have many to share from the past couple of weeks...

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Thanks for stopping by. My Megan is from HengFeng, Jiangxi.

I hope you post about making cheese. That sounds fun!