Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pasta Fresca

I am a huge fan of Noodles & Company's Pasta Fresca - penne pasta sauteed with roma tomatoes, baby spinach and a light balsamic sauce, topped with a bit of freshly grated Parmesan. Mmmmmm... The dish seemed simple enough to try to re-create at home, but my attempts just weren't working. I got online and found the actual recipe with instructions and made it for dinner the other night.

I heated up some jarred spaghetti sauce for the kids, figuring they wouldn't care for the new dish. But they all surprised me - they loved it! Everyone gobbled it up! And not a hint of cream soup in it anywhere! It cooked up very quickly, and will be even easier now that I have the sauce already made (you make a large batch of the sauce and use some every time you make the dish). Light, yet filling, and healthy - this is my new "go-to" meal! Oh, and it's totally Aldi-friendly! Score!

No comments: