Monday, April 14, 2014

Simple Woman's Day Book - April 14

Outside my window... After several beautiful Spring-like days, a cold, cloudy, windy, wet, looks-like-snow day.

I am thinking... good thing I didn't pack away the warm jackets just yet!

I am thankful for... taking a moment last night to have David try on his outfit for tomorrow's Kindergarten presentation. For some reason, the shirt is ENORMOUS on him, and at least we have time to run out this morning and get him something that fits better.

In the kitchen... not much. It's grocery day. Again. 

I am wearing... old jeans, sweatshirt I don't mind getting dirty in the kitchen, warm slippers. Comfort is key...

I am creating... some sort of order out of chaos.

I am going... to stay home alone this afternoon and get caught up around here!

I am wondering... if I shouldn't just take a nap instead...

I am currently reading... Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine. Learning about goal-setting and time management.

I am hoping... to be able to squeeze some knitting and guitar in this week.

I am looking forward to... the trip to Washington, DC that Hannah and I are taking in June. We booked our flights this morning, and it's time to really start thinking about what we'd like to see and do while we're there.

I am learning... "The House of the Rising Sun" on guitar. Right-hand arpeggios. Tricky stuff, but I'm loving it...

I am hearing... some real guitarists on Pandora. Good inspiration...

Around the house... laundry piles, dishes, new Easter clothes and shoes, outgrown clothes and toys we're gathering to pass on, both flip flops and boots cluttering the mudroom floor (a sure sign of Spring in these parts)...

I am pondering... that I don't want to just "survive" the next several busy weeks, but to savor and enjoy them, even if just a moment at a time. Our family will never be in this "place" again, and I don't want to miss it just because I was too preoccupied with schedules and meals and laundry...

A favorite quote for today... 


 

One of my favorite things... Open House at the elementary school. I love seeing what the kids have been doing during the school year, and they are so proud to show off their accomplishments.


A few plans for the rest of the week... David's Kindergarten program on Tuesday, Abbie's 4th Grade recorder presentation on Wednesday, Hannah's 14-year Gotcha Day on Wednesday, elementary school Open House on Thursday, Hannah's 15th birthday on Friday, Al's and my 17-year anniversary on Saturday, and Easter on Sunday. Deep breath...

A peek into my day... Rushing out to Children's Place to get David a dress shirt. Afternoon at home getting caught up around the house. Grocery shopping this evening. Trying to stay warm.


A picture I'd like to share...

We celebrated Hannah's 14-year Gotcha Day with our travel group this weekend...

No comments: