Monday, April 07, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook - April 7, 2014


Outside my window... Spring is finally beginning to make its presence known! Grey skies, chilly and damp, but a definite feel of Spring...

I am thinking... through our schedule/calendar for the next two months. Spring Break is over and this is the final big push to Summer. Lots of birthdays, performances and events on the calendar...
I am thankful for... an enjoyable Spring Break. We didn't do anything particularly special, but there was lots of fun time with friends for all four kids, and a good amount of "down time" for me...

In the kitchen... not much. I did a lot of improvising for meals during Break, and now it's time to re-stock at the grocery store and get back to the meal plan.

I am wearing... old black yoga pants, Al's Bears tee shirt, old brown fleece cardigan, my LL Bean Wicked Good Slippers (because Monday mornings should be comfy, don't you think?).

I am creating... a cabled afghan for Al and me in a soft light blue. I made one for my mom and one for Al's mom, but now it's time for one for us!


I am going... to meet my friend Jacquie for coffee today while all the kids are in school. I don't get much "grownup time" with friends these days, and I'm really looking forward to it!
I am wondering... how I'm ever going to get everything done these next two months...

I am currently reading... Hands Free Mama by Rachel Macy Stafford, about letting go of some of the "busy" in our lives to really enjoy what matters, namely our families. I can't decide if it's an inspiring or guilt-inducing read. Probably both.

I am hoping... to make some progress on my decluttering around here. I see tiny glimpses of progress, but there's a loooooong way to go...

I am looking forward to... the trip to Washington, DC that Hannah and I will take as soon as school gets out (her 8th Grade graduation gift). Can't wait to share our love of history!

I am learning... how to play the guitar! Al gave me a guitar for my big 50th birthday last summer. I've wanted to get one and learn to play for over 20 years! I started lessons in February and am making some good progress. Now if I could only find some quiet time to practice every day...

I am hearing... "Curious George" on TV (David's favorite), with intermittent chuckles from my boy...

Around the house... typical Monday morning mess. Time to get back on track with the tidying routine...

A favorite quote for today... 

(This little dog reminds me of our Angel)

One of my favorite things... My "Edgar Meyer Radio" station on Pandora. Great guitar inspiration...

A few plans for the rest of the week... Easter shopping (stuff for the kids' baskets and outfits for me and the kids), coffee with a friend, guitar lesson, juggling kids' rehearsal schedules, Hannah's Gotcha Day party on Saturday (not here!), the Kaneland Community Fine Arts Festival on Sunday (Abbie's string group is playing).
 
A peek into my day... laundry, paperwork, groceries, and general running around (beautifully interrupted by aforementioned coffee with a friend).

A picture I'd like to share...

David enjoying a Spring-like day last week!

No comments: