Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I've been tagged!

OK, this is the first time I've been tagged! Since the wait for referrals from China is soooo long right now (12 to 13 months), it's difficult to remain positive and optimistic and patient. So here are...
Top 10 Things to Do to Stay Positive During the Wait for Sarah (in no particular order)
1. Decorate and buy furniture for Hannah and Rachel's "Big Girl" room.
2. Decorate and organize Abbie and Sarah's room.
3. Finally get Abbie to go to sleep without me nearby. (I don't need to lie down with her any more, and we've progressed through me sitting in the hall outside her room reading, and right now I'm just staying in our bedroom next door until she's asleep. One day soon, I hope to be able to just go donwstairs after tucking her in.)
4. Get rid of all the clutter clogging up our closets and basement!
5. Go through all the girls' clothes and toy bins and donate what I know they really won't wear or play with.
6. Start buying stuff that I know we'll need for the trip to China (shampoo, toothpaste, etc.) so we won't go broke trying to buy it all at once two weeks before travel. Shop the summer clearance sales (this year's and next) for cheap new clothes for the trip.
7. Paint the entire interior of the house.
8. Enjoy some one-on-one time with Abbie while Hannah and Rachel are in school.
9. Go on a few extra dates with Al, since I don't know too many sitters who will sit with four kids who we can actually afford!
10. Make a shopping list for when we're in China (it's gonna be a long one!).
I now tag anyone waiting for a referral on the Sunny Ridge list and on Abbie's list!

No comments: