Saw this on Lisa's blog (http://journeytodiana.blogspot.com), and had to chime in...
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? While I enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate with the girls, nothing says Christmas like egg nog! Don't forget the dollop of Cool Whip and a sprinkle of nutmeg!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa sets them under the tree unwrapped. Gifts from Mama and Daddy are wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Our big living room tree has about 2,000 tiny white lights and a few hundred big white bulbs (one could perform surgery with the light from that tree!). Our China tree in the TV room has red and gold lights (colors of good luck in China). The little tree in the girls' room has "blinky rainbow lights". So everyone's happy!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, as a matter of fact, we don't (but then, Al and I don't need an excuse to smooch...).
5. When do you put your decorations up? I start Thanksgiving weekend, but it seems to take forever (probably because of all the lights).
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mom's candied yams! Yummo!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: The Christmas I was 9, I wanted a doll house more than anything in the world. My dear dad, probably one of the least "handy" men I know (but really good about reading instructions), obtained plans and built me one from scratch with his own two loving hands.
I also remember how much I loved to turn off all the lights in the living room except for the tree lights, and just lie under the tree and dream (the beginning of my light obsession...).
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think maybe at about 8 years old. I probably suspected before then, but didn't want to let go of the magic!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The girls open their Christmas jammies and Christmas book on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The living room tree (with all the lights) displays all the ornaments we've collected over the years (some from when I was really little). The TV room tree is our China tree with Chinese-themed ornaments, many purchased on our adoption trips. The little tree in the girls' room is for the ornaments they make in school and Sunday School.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I just love it, love it, love it!
12. Can you ice skate? Nope. I am the most un-athletic person I know.
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Keeping the focus on Jesus.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I make a mean chocolate peppermint cake!
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Playing for, singing for, or at the very least, attending a performance of Handel's Messiah. Also, our China tree.
16. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, without a doubt.
17. What's your favorite Christmas Song? The Holly and the Ivy (I know, pretty obscure...)
18. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yummmmm!
C'mon, play along! Leave me a comment to let me know if you do...