Friday, March 30, 2007

Asian Chicken Drumsticks

I found this recipe in a magazine some time ago, and everyone in our family likes it (which is a rare and wonderful thing). It's very easy and quick to put together, and I thought I'd share it.

Asian Chicken Drumsticks

1/2 cup soy sauce or tamari
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon bottled chopped garlic
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
6 skinless chicken drumsticks with thighs attached

1. In the bottom of a 3 1/2-quart, or larger, slow cooker, place all of the ingredients except for the chicken, stirring well to mix.
2. Add chicken; stir to coat with the sauce.
3. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.

I have only ever used leg and thigh quarters with the skin on, and it turns out just fine. The chicken comes out super tender. I usually serve this with some sort of vegetable and plain brown rice with some of the sauce spooned on it. It's also good with fried rice. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

I'm always up for a new, easy recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Meredith said...

Thank you for pointing me this way! That does sound easy.