Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An Anniversary

Well, one year ago today our dossier was logged in at the China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) in Beijing. At that time, it was taking about 12 months from Log In Date (LID) to receipt of a referral. At this point, the projection is more like three years (yes, you read that right). The wait has been difficult at times for me. We've been so busy with the girls that the past year has flown by. On the other hand, there's always the feeling that there's someone missing from our family. And things in China just feel so... I don't know... volatile. So there's another reason I just can't wait to get our Sarah home. I figure that by the time we do get her home, I'll be about 46, and I'll be over 50 by the time she starts school - YIKES! But I just keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect, and Sarah will be home with us at just the right time both for us and for her. And in the mean time, I continue to enjoy daily life with our three beautiful children who are home with us now...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are a year closer to Sarah and God's timing will be perfect! I know this wait is teaching me to be more patient....(well I'm still working on that one.)