Tuesday, September 09, 2008

First Day of School, 2008 Edition

I suppose I ought to post our First Day of School photos before first semester report cards go out, huh?

A couple of days before the First Day, our school held its supply drop-off/meet the teacher afternoon.

Rachel loves her first grade teacher, Miss Verner. She was thrilled to learn that Miss V swam competitively in college! They'll have a lot to talk about this year!



Mrs. Weaver is Hannah's third grade teacher. She has two high-school-age sons of her own, and seems very tuned in to her students.


Hannah on the first morning, in her cute new outfit (don't tell anyone how tight I had to pull the adjustable waist on that skirt!).


I think Rachel looks like such a darling little school girl in that outfit!
It makes me feel good to know that Hannah is right there, keeping an eye out for her little sister!
The sisters share a big Sister Love hug before saying goodbye in the schoolyard.


If you look really closely, you can see my eyes are a little puffy and red from crying! It's always hard for me to say goodbye to my girls on the first day.
Since Abbie and I were missing the big girls that day, we decided to make ourselves feel better with a batch of brownies - from scratch! Abbie's a great little helper in the kitchen. She and I even have coordinating aprons!

Just because Abbie is homeschooling this year, doesn't mean she doesn't get a First Day picture, too! Here she is, ready to get started!

1 comment:

Mommy Spice said...

They all look absolutely adorable. Your comment about the skirt is hilarious. I had to take a skirt off of Spicy Girl this morning because it didn't have the inside buttons, and I couldn't tighten it. I told her we'd have to hold on to it for next year. LOL!! I get to go read to S.G.'s class today and have lunch with her afterwards. I'm so excited!!

MMmmmmm, brownies are a favorite around here!!