Friday, August 14, 2009

Three Years...

As of today, our dossier has been logged in at the China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA) for a full three years. At the rate referrals are currently being released, we've got a good two more years to go...

I won't fill this post with whining. Just saying that on most days, I'm OK with the wait. I can be philosophical, I can remind myself that God's timing is perfect, that the child He has chosen for us is just not ready yet, that maybe our family is not ready yet...

Other days are simply sad or hard. I just want to get on with our lives as a complete family.

So I rest in this...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:5

(Taken shortly after receiving Abbie's referral. Rachel is 2, Hannah is 5. It took us 5 1/2 months from LID to referral for Abbie...)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Praying, Praying, and praying some more. We are waiting with you!!

Unknown said...

Oh, Becky...I feel your pain. I wish it didn't have to take so long.

Sue said...

UGh.... Hard to imagine that adoptions have slowed down this month. Truly unbelievable. Yes, it does help to remember that God is in control and that in His perfect time you will be matched to your perfect child. BUT, many days it is hard to remember!!!!
Here's to being having trust in God and having peace about the wait.