Thursday, February 04, 2010

Care Package

Ann at Red Thread China sent me this photo of the care package she sent to David for us. In it are a toy, a blankie, a book, cute little jammies, and candies for the caregivers. There is also a disposable camera included, in hopes that the staff might take some photos of David for us. Judging by the speed with which they gave Ann the most recent four photos, I'm very optimistic! Included is a letter and pictures from our family to the institute staff, telling them about our family and how excited we are that David will be joining us soon. It was difficult to express in a letter just how thrilled we are about David being a member of our family.

This is the first time we have been able to send our child a care package before placement. I'm sure Shi Shi doesn't understand that we have sent him these things to cuddle with, but if it brings him a little happiness over the next four weeks, then it's all good. It certainly makes me happy to be able to be doing something - anything - while we wait. And the pictures we received are so worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am not a blogger but happened upon your blog from another blog and have been reading it since.

Congratulations and I hope the next few weeks will fly by so that you and your husband can hug your son in person.

Everyday as soon as my 3-1/2 year old son wakes up, the first thing I do is hug him and there really is nothing like hugging your children 1st thing in the morning.

I'm Chinese and my mother in law bought pajamas made in China from the Chinatown in NY and they are indeed adorable!

Congratulations again!

SukYee
sukyee28@yahoo.com