Thursday, June 03, 2010

Tea For Two

Around Mother's Day each year, the second graders of our girls' school present a program of songs and readings for their moms and other special guests. I loved attending Hannah's "Tea for Two" two years ago, and was looking forward to Rachel's Tea this year. I had to bring David along with me because there was simply no one we could confidently leave him with so soon after coming home. I was very nervous that he would not be able to stay quiet during the program and would be a distraction to the other moms. I even went out and bought a stroller in order to have a place for him to sit, but that would help me make a quick getaway if he got restless and noisy. I needn't have worried. He was an angel through the program. He enjoyed the music so much and just watched and listened to Rachel and her classmates. About two thirds through the program he started to get a little restless, but I was able to pick him up and walk him around the back of the room while the program finished, and he made it! In the mean time, the children finished the program with a song called "Teach Me" that made me cry so much that I could barely see...

Doesn't our Rachel look so sweet? She really enjoyed herself...


Rachel was chosen to play the xylophone during one of the songs!

When the program was over, we all went back to the classroom for refreshments, and to view some special projects that our second grader had worked hard on. David had a delightful time with so many sweet second grade girls fawning all over him! He has a way with young ladies...

No comments: