Monday, January 24, 2011

New Recipe - Week 4: Layered Cheesy Salsa Enchiladas

I made Layerd Cheesy Salsa Enchiladas from Heavenly Homemakers at the end of a crazy-busy Saturday this weekend. They were fast, easy and tasty. Two big and 3 1/2 small thumbs up - good review! Totally Aldi-friendly and inexpensive. And did I mention fast?
Just a few notes:

  • The 9x13 pan the recipe called for was just way too big - I used a 7x11 Pyrex I have.

  • The original recipe says it makes 6 - 8 servings. Just barely, and four of us are on the small side. Next time, I'll double it and heat any leftovers for lunches.

  • I might even make two and freeze one! Always looking for good recipes to freeze!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaahhhh, I saw the title of your blog and I thought you were a mama actually in China. But 4 chinese kids is a pretty big blessing. I live in China with my husband and 3 non chinese kids, but get to visit and work with a lot of lovely kids who weren't lucky enough to be adopted. Anyway, enjoy your wonderful kids, they look beautiful. Our blog is zhongguoadventures, but we say not too much about our kids.