Monday, January 10, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... pale sunrise, streak-y clouds, bitter cold.


I am thinking... I'm not quite ready to jump into another busy week - I enjoyed our quiet weekend.


I am thankful for... Al being home this past week to help me out while I recover from a crazy laundry-related back injury.


I am wearing... coffee cup print flannel pajama pants, black long-sleeve tee shirt, grey fleece cardigan, LL Bean ragg wool socks (belonged to my Dad), LL Bean Wicked Good clog slippers - the height of Mommy Morning Fashion!


I am going... to stop "going" so much and stay home more!


I am creating... a stack of new knitted dishcloths for me (I always end up gifting the ones I make).


I am currently reading... Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne.


I am hoping... that the children continue to stay healthy in the midst of all the germs that surround them.


I am hearing... my girls slowly, quietly getting ready for school.


In the kitchen... searching cookbooks and websites for new recipes to try for the family.


Around the house... Christmas nearly all put away, just lots of bins for Al to drag to the basement for me.


One of my favorite things... the quiet, late-night sewing I did last night while watching a favorite movie, "Field of Dreams".


A few plans for the rest of the week... Rachel's spelling bee on Thursday, a date night with Hannah on Friday, general cleaning and organizing around the house.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
(Found on my old memory stick as I was setting up my new computer. Taken Fall 2004, just before traveling to adopt Abbie. Hannah is 5, Rachel is 2.)

No comments: