I needed to bring something tasty to Knit Night last night, but didn't have time to drag four kids to the grocery store for ingredients. I found this recipe for Lemon Pound Cake that used ingredients I always have in the house, and it was easy and yummy!
Easy Lemon Pound Cake
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1. Mix together 1 cup sugar and butter.
2. Add eggs and 1 tablespoon lemon juice; mix well.
3. Add salt, flour and baking powder to mixture.
4. Add milk.
5. Bake at 325 F in a well-greased loaf pan for one hour or until golden brown.
6. Mix 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar.
7. Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from oven.
8. Serve warm or cool.
I read that some folks served it with strawberries on top, too!